One of the largest celebrations throughout Argentina is "Carnival". This is a
celebration just before Lent, the traditional period of fasting that begins about six weeks
before Easter. Each region has its own way to celebrate Carnival. In the northern province of Salta, people
dress up and dance the zamba and the carnavalito. In the northeasten provinces, people sing songs called
chamamé, accompanied by accordions or harps.
There are also many regional holidays and festivals. People come from all over the world to
celebrate folk traditions at the National Festival of Folklore in Cosquín
in the central province of Córdoba in January.
In the province of Mendoza, La Fiesta de la Vendimia is celebrated for three days during grape harvest
season in March. Grapes are blessed on the vines, a queen is crowned and wine-makers serve free red wine. The
grand finale is an elaborate show of fireworks. This festival serves to remind people that their lives
depend on the sun, rain and earth.
At Mar del Plata on the coast, the Harvest of Fish is celebrated with a banquet of seafood and a
parade of people dressed as sea-creatures and led by the Queen of the Sea, riding in a seashell.
A livestock show and fiesta in Buenos Aires in July mark the importance of the cattle
industry. Argentina's finest bulls compete for the title of champion shorthorn bull of the year.
In the southern Andean city of San Carlos de Bariloche, a Snow Festival is held every August. Many
of the early settlers in this area came from Switzerland, and Swiss cake and hot port wine with cinnamon
are served during the festival.
Christmas is also a happy occasion. Argentinians celebrate New Year's Eve with fireworks. The streets
are filled with music and dancing, and in Buenos Aires there is a ticker tape parade.
Buenos Aires 3 Stars
4 days/3 nights
- 3 nights accommodation with breakfast - Transfers in/out International Airport - Dowtown Hotel in the city in private - City Tour - Shopping Tour - Vouchers for discounts on shopping and dining - Flight tickets not included
- 3 nights accommodation with breakfast - Transfers in/out International Airport - Dowtown Hotel in the city in private - City Tour - Dinner-Tango Show - Shopping Tour - Vouchers for discounts on shopping and dining - Flight tickets not included
- 3 nights accommodation with breakfast - Transfers in/out International Airport - Dowtown Hotel in private - City Tour t in private - Dinner-Tango Show - Shopping Tour - Vouchers for discounts on shopping and dining - Flight tickets not included
- 2 nights accommodation with breakfast in Mendoza - Transfers airport / hotel
- City Tour in Mendoza
- Wineries - Bus ticket Mendoza / San Rafael / Mendoza bus
- 3 nights accommodation with breakfast in San Rafael - City Tour in San Rafael
- 1 night accomodation with breakfast in Mendoza - Transfer Hotel / Aiport
Valley of the Moon - Talampaya - Fixed departure dates
4 days / 3 nights
It includes: • Transfers Airport / Hotel / Airport • 2 nights in San Juan with breakfast • Grand City Tour • 1 night in Fertile Valley with half board (*1 ) • Visit to the Ischigualasto and Talampaya Parks. • Slope Huaco Tour • Guide assistance during the hole tour. • Not included: Entrance to the Parks and Museums. Internal van in Talampaya.
“Peninsula Valdes – El Calafate – Ushuaia – Buenos Aires, awesome !”-May 23th 2012
Our trip could not have been more perfect. It was amazing how everything went so smoothly. Argentina is certainly a beautiful place. We loved the natural beauty. All of our transports were prompt and friendly. Our guides were really informative, knowledgeable and fun to get to know...
Christmas in Argentina is the best... we really know how to celebrate!
Check out our recent blog post about all the special Argentine Christmas
brenda | 06 Dec 2010, 16:04
this definitly helps me learn about my country ARGENTINA !! ;P i LOVE my
country ! plus argentina's soccer team is beast ! vamos messi !!!!
ari | 04 Oct 2010, 23:34
spanish project too.*****
kate | 04 Sep 2010, 18:58
thanks helped me for my project in spanish class
hannah | 26 May 2010, 02:34
i needded this for my project to and it was soo helpful! thanks! :)
uhhmm... | 08 May 2010, 00:53
haah i also need for a history project haah
bob | 26 Mar 2010, 19:55
i vouldddd loveee to vistitttt dis placcceee
bob | 26 Mar 2010, 19:54
troi | 17 Mar 2010, 15:49
hiii im frm america..my teacher is frm argentina nd were doin wrk on
different culture holidays and comparing them to the american
holidays..this was good info.thnk yhu! =]
DeAnn | 25 Feb 2010, 22:41
This is a great explanation of the holidays and celebrations in Argentina.
It helps me a lot. I am in school and I hate that i have to do this history
project but this makes it all easier and I would definitely tell people
about this site.