Argentina offers both a public and private health care system. About 28 million Argentinians
have health insurance through their unions and go to clinics called obras sociales for medical
care. About 5 million people from the middle and upper classes are privately insured. Some large private
health insurance companies have their own hospitals.
Did you know?
One area in Buenos Aires is nicknamed "Villa Freud" because so many psychoanalysts and psychologists
have offices there.
About 7 million people, a fourth of the population, do not have health insurance. Of these, almost half
are children. Those without health insurance go to public hospitals when they need treatment. These hospitals
are equipped to handle emergencies and have the facilities for all forms of treatment. Government improments of
the public health system during the las 5 years have covered almost all needed health care services.
Although most areas have a safe water supply and healthy living conditions, in certain interior
regions, particularly in the north, and in the villas miserias of the cities, living conditions are very poor.
AIDS-related diseases are, as in the rest of the world, growing, and cholera has reappeared in some
regions in very few numbers for some years ago.
Cosmetic surgery is psychoanalysis in reverse, according to historian
Sandy Gilman. Argentina is one of the world's
capital for affordable plastic surgery procedures.The prices for Botox or breast implants are
lower compared to the U.S., even while the expertise is comparable.
Buenos Aires 3 Stars
4 days/3 nights
- 3 nights accommodation with breakfast - Transfers in/out International Airport - Dowtown Hotel in the city in private - City Tour - Shopping Tour - Vouchers for discounts on shopping and dining - Flight tickets not included
- 3 nights accommodation with breakfast - Transfers in/out International Airport - Dowtown Hotel in the city in private - City Tour - Dinner-Tango Show - Shopping Tour - Vouchers for discounts on shopping and dining - Flight tickets not included
- 3 nights accommodation with breakfast - Transfers in/out International Airport - Dowtown Hotel in private - City Tour t in private - Dinner-Tango Show - Shopping Tour - Vouchers for discounts on shopping and dining - Flight tickets not included
•Transfersbetweencitieswith guides •Breakfast inall hotels •1 night at3 *Hotel in Tucumán • 1night at3 *hotel in Cafayate • 4nights at 3* hotel inSalta •Includesall excursionsmentioned in the program •Taxes
- 2 nights accommodation with breakfast in Mendoza - Transfers airport / hotel
- City Tour in Mendoza
- Wineries - Bus ticket Mendoza / San Rafael / Mendoza bus
- 3 nights accommodation with breakfast in San Rafael - City Tour in San Rafael
- 1 night accomodation with breakfast in Mendoza - Transfer Hotel / Aiport
“Peninsula Valdes – El Calafate – Ushuaia – Buenos Aires, awesome !”-May 23th 2012
Our trip could not have been more perfect. It was amazing how everything went so smoothly. Argentina is certainly a beautiful place. We loved the natural beauty. All of our transports were prompt and friendly. Our guides were really informative, knowledgeable and fun to get to know...