DAY BY DAY ITINERARY El Calafate 4 Estrellas - 4 días/3 noches
El Calafate (Perito Moreno Glacier) 4 Days – 3 Nights
- El Calafate Airport Arrival – Meeting point with an InformationBA Tours & Travels guide.
- Transfer from Airport to Hotel
- Free afternoon.
- 3 Nights at selected hotel with breakfast
- Perito Moreno Glacier full day activity Departing from El Calafate you travel 80 Km by bus and you will arrive to the balconies, where you can enjoy different panoramic views of the Perito Moreno Glacier, into the Los Glaciares National Park , for about 4 hours. If you want to have lunch, you can visit the restaurant 1 Km far away from the balconies, or the snack bar next to the balconies, or you can take your own food and enjoy it admiring the landscape.
- Optional: Minitreking at Perito Moreno Glacier
The mini trekking runs from beginning of August up to first days of June.
The excursion begins in the embarking pier located in “Bajo de las Sombras” port, about 6 km before the glacier Balconies- where you embark for a 20 minutes navigation across the Rico Arm, enjoying breathtaking views of the Perito Moreno glacier’s front wall.
You disembark on the opposite shore, where specialized bilingual mountain guides welcome you and lead you to a small shelter. After checking the last details, groups of not more than 20, follow their guides along the lake’s shore towards the edge of the glacier. Once on the ice the guides put each participant a pair of crampons on, and explain how to use them.
The two hours circuit that follows introduces you to the fascinating landscape of the glaciers: streams, small lagoons, gullies, cravasses and plenty of ice formations of the most incredible blues. The trekking is moderate. The ice surface over which you walk is irregular, but firm and safe. You will receive explanations about flora, fauna and general glaciology of the region and also about the particular phenomenon that happens in the Perito Moreno Glacier and eventually produces its rupture.
After the walk, a stroll through the forest brings you back to the shelter.
- Free day
- Optional activities: Navigation All Glaciers full day Tour The bus departs from El Calafate and after 45 minutes arrives to the port of Punta Bandera. Travelers board the catamaran and sail toward Upsala Glacier. This is the largest continental glacier with walls reaching 80 mts/240 feet.
The ship then sails to Spegazzini glacier, the highest in the park with 135 mts/405 feet and 25 kmts long. From here the ship heads back to Punta Bandera where travelers take the buses back to El Calafate.
- Transfer Hotel to El Calafate Airport
END OF THE PROGRAM
All Rates Include BREAKFAST AND TAXES. Net Rates per person, Double Occupancy- Taxes Included- Liable to changes and disposal upon confirmation|
Air Ticket not included.